Teachers, we are all aware of how many photocopies you need throughout the school year. It must not only time-consuming but annoying if there is only a couple of printers for the entire staff. An easy solution to this problem is to purchase your own classroom printer. You will need to determine if you want just black and white or color prints, how often you will print, what is your budget for classroom supplies, do you need more than one function or an all-in-one and do you need wireless capability are all questions to ask yourself as you start your printer research.
Below you will find we put together a list of what we think are some of the best printers for the classroom. They are listed most expensive to cheapest.
“Speed and color are the perfect pair for your business. That’s why this energy-efficient printer and Original HP Toner cartridges with JetIntelligence combine to produce vibrant, professional-quality documents right when employees need them.
Print from sleep mode in as fast as nine seconds. Get two-sided prints as quickly as one—up to 40 ipm, available on dn and x model.
58% more pages than ever before, using Original HP High-Yield Color Toner cartridges with Jet-intelligence.
Print from mobile devices (on select models) using touch-to-print technology or peer-to-peer wireless direct printing. Only available on some models.
Brilliant color output on a wide array of print media for office use and marketing collateral.
Smart energy savings. It uses an exceptionally low amount of energy—thanks to smart media-sensing and toner technology.”
- Print only
- 4-line LCD (color graphics) with 10-keypad
- Print speed normal: Up to 40 ppm (black or colour)
- HP ePrint; Apple AirPrint™; Mopria™-certified
- Connectivity: Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port; built-in Fast Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-Tx, Gigabit Ethernet 1000Base-T
“Reliable, a digital colour printer with convenience copying and colour scanning for home or small office use. Connect via wireless network or Hi-Speed USB interface. 3.7″ colour TouchScreen Display for intuitive menu navigation and easy setup. Automatic two-sided printing. Fast, high-quality print speed up to 23ppm. Compact size, with adjustable letter/legal 250-sheet capacity tray. Print from compatible mobile devices over your wireless network, scan documents to popular cloud services from your internet-connected printer. High-yield replacement toner cartridge is available to help lower cost per page. 1-year limited warranty plus free support for the life of your product. See connectprintshare.ca for device compatibility and full details.”
“Spend less for more pages with INKvestment cartridges – the innovative and cost-effective solution for any home office. Business-capable features include automatic 2-sided printing, 20-sheet ADF, and Wi-Fi and mobile connectivity. 2-year limited warranty with free support for the life of the product.”
- Spend less for more pages. 2400-page black cartridges for under $25, 1200-page color cartridges for under $15.
- Business-capable features for home office environments. Including automatic duplex printing and up to 20-sheet ADF.
- Print for pennies and nickels. Less than one cent per page for black and white printing, and less than five cents per page in color.
- 100-sheet paper tray capacity. Single sheet bypass tray for printing on envelopes and card stock for added convenience.
- Print and scan from almost anywhere – smartphone, tablet, laptop, and desktop computer.
- Break free and go wireless. Enjoy the freedom of wireless connectivity – and no router needed with Wi-Fi Direct ®.
- 2.7″ Touchscreen display – to easily navigate to powerful features.
- Scan to popular cloud services directly from the machine, including Google Drive™, Dropbox, Evernote, and more. Capture and digitize paper documents with Brother Cloud Apps for electronic storage or sharing.
- Compact design that fits in nearly any workspace.
- One-year limited warranty for the life of the product.
This printer has “Spectacular Resolution: 9600 x 2400 maximum colour dpi produces incredible quality and detail in both your business documents and photos.”
- Built-in Wireless: Print wirelessly from any Wi-Fi® enabled computer almost anywhere around the house.
- My Image Garden: Software which lets you access, organize and personalize your favourite photos
- Full HD Movie Print: Turn your favourite HD movie clips captured with select Canon EOS digital SLRs or PowerShot digital cameras and VIXIA digital camcorders into beautiful prints
- PIXMA Printing Solutions (PPS): The PIXMA Printing Solutions (PPS) app easily lets you print photos or documents from your compatible mobile device
- Ink Tank System: Get amazing colour and text with a separate print head and colour/black ink tanks
“The Brother HL-L2320D is a reliable, affordable monochrome laser printer for personal or home office use. Automatic duplex printing to help save paper. Fast print speed up to 30ppm. Prints high-quality documents at up to 2400 x 600 dpi. Desk-friendly compact size, with an adjustable letter/legal 250-sheet capacity tray, and manual feed slot for envelopes. Connect via the Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interface. High-yield replacement toner cartridge is available to help lower cost per page. Toner saves mode for less critical documents. 1-year limited warranty with free support for the life of your product.”
- Fast, high-quality printing at up to 30ppm
- Automatic duplex (two-sided) printing to help save paper
- 250-sheet capacity tray adjustable for letter or legal, plus a manual feed slot for envelope printing
- High-yield 2,600-page toner cartridge available
- Print high-quality documents at up to 2400 x 600 dpi resolution
- Warranty: 1-year limited warranty
- Support: Free machine lifetime support
Wow! There is a lot of information to consider and be informed about, however, the more details the better you will be able to make the right decision for your classroom and budget. Happy printer shopping!