The 2018-2019 school year is gone and a new one has begun or will begin soon. If you have a child heading to college, then an economical printer is a must! This post includes three of our best printers for college students, even most of the ink cartridges are on the lower end cost-wise. Our product department has written these descriptions – why reinvent an already comprehensive product description?
The printers are listed from cheapest to most expensive. Take a look and tell us what you think!
“Don’t let the PIXMA TS5120’s compact size fool you, it can handle your printing needs easily. Yes, it fits into almost any space, but it is also fully compatible with XL ink cartridges – which can help you save money, print more when you need to, and extend the time between replacing ink cartridges. Your favourite tried and true features, like Auto 2-Sided Printing – which helps you save up to 50% of your paper costs, are even better thanks to features such as 2-way paper feeding. With two ways to feed paper, the front paper cassette is always ready to go at a moment’s notice, and you have a rear paper tray that can be extended for when you need to print even more.”
- A FINE Hybrid Ink System is the perfect fit between performance, quality and cost and provides great-looking documents and photos.
- Print great looking 4″x6″, 5″x7″ and even 5″x5″ square Borderless Photos simply and easily!
- Scan important documents right to your smartphone using the Canon PRINT app so you can share them right away.
- Print, copy and scan quickly and easily with the 2.5″ LCD. Find & select what you need on the intuitive user interface.
- With Bluetooth & Wi-Fi built in – connecting your smartphone, tablet and all your other devices have never been easier. Just choose the right one for you and print!
- From documents on plain paper to photos the PIXMA TS5120 has you covered. With both Front & Rear Paper Support load the paper you need with peace of mind.
“Packed with convenient and practical features, the Expression Home XP-440 Small-in-One printer makes everyday printing a breeze. Its hi-res 2.7″ color LCD makes setup and navigation easy. Use the built-in card slot (1) to print borderless photos PC-free. Plus, affordable individual inks mean you only need to replace the cartridge that runs out. The compact XP-440 allows you to print from virtually anywhere, with or without a network — even from your iPad, iPhone, Android tablet or smartphone (2). And, its 100-sheet paper capacity means you’ll reload paper less often. You can also print Instagram and Facebook photo collages and more with Epson’s Creative Print App.”
“Spend less for more pages with INKvestment cartridges – the innovative and cost-effective solution for any home office. Business-capable features include automatic 2-sided printing, 20-sheet ADF, and Wi-Fi and mobile connectivity. 2-year limited warranty with free support for the life of the product.”
- Spend less for more pages. 2400-page black cartridges for under $25, 1200-page color cartridges for under $15.
- Business-capable features for home office environments. Including automatic duplex printing and up to 20-sheet ADF.
- Print for pennies and nickels. Less than one cent per page for black and white printing, and less than five cents per page in color.
- 100-sheet paper tray capacity. Single sheet bypass tray for printing on envelopes and card stock for added convenience.
- Print and scan from almost anywhere – smartphone, tablet, laptop, and desktop computer.
- Break free and go wireless. Enjoy the freedom of wireless connectivity – and no router needed with Wi-Fi Direct ®.
- 2.7″ Touchscreen display – to easily navigate to powerful features.
- Scan to popular cloud services directly from the machine, including Google Drive™, Dropbox, Evernote, and more. Capture and digitize paper documents with Brother Cloud Apps for electronic storage or sharing.
- Compact design that fits in nearly any workspace.
- One-year limited warranty for the life of the product.
Currently, we do not carry any cheap HP inkjet printers. The cheapest HP laser printer is $199.99, of which we have two in stock. One is an all-in-one and the other is print only. Of course, college students will love the HP Sprocket a fun, pocket-sized printer that is great for printing off social media photos. It is only $159.99 and will be a wonderful help in creating instant mementos of your child’s college years.
There you have it, 5-6 best printers for college. We hope you found this post helpful in deciding what printer to send with your child to university.