Finding the right printer is a real hassle because the market is flooded with so many models that may look like they’re doing the same thing, but have this one tiny difference that sets them apart for others of its kind. The Brother MFC-J491DW printer is an underrated product, which can deliver quite a great deal of features for an attractive price.
The Brother MFC-J491DW printer offers a wide array of features that users can benefit from, some of them being:
- Lots of connectivity features, which include USB cable connections, local internet and built-in wireless systems.
- A device that can perform four tasks: print, copy, scan, and fax. It’s a complete solution for every home and office.
- Cloud apps that allow users to quickly scan the documents needed, and share them using Brother’s apps.
- Mobile printing, which is easily done through the wireless connectivity features that send the documents needed from your smartphone, laptop or tablet, directly to your printer.
- A document feeder which has the capacity to hold 20 sheets at a time, plus a tray with a capacity of 100 sheets.
- A 1.8-inch colored display, with an on-screen menu that’s intuitive and easy to navigate.
- A one-year limited warranty, which covers free tech and lives chat support so that you can get the best out of your printer and have all your questions answered.
On a general note, an inkjet’s strongest point isn’t the printing speed. For black and white prints, the MFC-J491DW can render about 12 pages per minutes, while colored prints are made at a rate of 6 pages per minute.
For those of you not familiar with how this works, know that this is pretty much the standard speed you’re going to get even with other printers that fall into this category. You’d have to invest a lot of extra money into a faster printer, in case it’s the speed you’re interested in.
With a printer, you’ve got two major consumables: ink and paper. Inkjet printer tends to fall on the expensive side, especially if you tend to print or copy a lot of documents. The Brother MFC-J491DW printer accepts both Brother and High-yield cartridges.
Once you have new cartridges, replacing the existing ones is fairly easy with this printer model. They have a one-snap design, which makes it easy to put the new cartridge in place. Another important mention is that Brother has set up a recycling program and collects their original cartridges to properly dispose of them, free of charge.
As far as paper is concerned, the MFC-J491DW is compatible with the standard paper types, including legal and letter.
The Brother MFC-J491DW printer gives you a bang for your buck, with features that are quite unexpected considering the price range of the product. If you’re looking for a wireless printer, with mobile connectivity that allows you to print your documents on the go, you can’t go wrong with the MFC-J491DW.