The Brother DCP-L2550DW printer is a useful home and office tool that can cover all your printing needs for a fraction of the cost of higher-end brands. This monochrome laser printer is a multifunctional device, with a lot of added features that help you print, copy, and scan all your needed documents.
The Brother DCP-L2550DW isn’t the smallest printer you’ve ever seen, but not the biggest one either. It measures 12.5 x 16.1 x 15.7 inches and considering that it’s a 3-in-1 device, it won’t really occupy that much space. So, what are some of the features that make this printer a contender amongst people who are looking for a viable and affordable printer?
- It can print up to 15,000 pages per month, but the recommended volume is 2,000 pages monthly. While it’s not the best option for bank use, it can easily meet the needs of a home user or a small business.
- As far as connectivity is concerned, all it takes is a USB cable to link your computer/laptop to the printer. It can also connect directly to the internet via a cable or a wireless connection.
- The integrated tray can hold up 250 sheets of paper, plus the one that’s already found in the multipurpose feeder.
- The automatic document feeder can hold up to 50 pages at a time, which can prove to be efficient when you need to scan and copy multiple pages.
- The replacement toner promises to cover twice the number of prints, which guarantees some savings on the long haul.
- The print resolution, also known as the maximum dpi supported by this Brother printer is 2400 x 600 dpi.
- The driver for this printer is compatible with Linux, Mac OS, and Windows operating systems.
- The printer is covered by a one-year limited warranty.
Printing speed is an important factor of interest for those of you who need to get that paperwork done really fast. The DCP-L2550DW can handle a volume of about 35 pages per minute, provided that the pages only contain text and no images.
For mixed printing, which would include text, some Excel files and PowerPoint slides, the average printing time drops to about 14.4 papers per minute. Unless you decide to print something minutes before you walk out the doors, these number shouldn’t be of that much importance.
The Brother DCP-L2550DW is clearly suited for text printing above anything else. The quality of printing isn’t the best one seen, but for home use or internal business documents, it should suffice.
If you are self-employed, run a small business, or just need a reliable all-in-one monochrome printer, the DCP-L2550DW is the kind of product that delivers without breaking the bank. The wireless and USB cable connectivity, the multiple operating system compatibility, plus the printing speed which can cover more than 30 pages per minute, should be more than enough evidence that this printer can meet most of your needs, all for a reasonable price.