The Epson 312 Ink Cartridges work with the Epson’s Expression Photo XP-8500 inkjet printer. This is a printer beloved by photographers because of the sharp and crisp images it produces. It is a compact all-in-one printer (it also has a scanner and a copier) that is able to print borderless color images of different sizes.
Its versatility is enhanced by its ability to print from removable media that can be attached to it via a USB interface. It also has wireless printing capabilities that is available via the Epson creative print app. Epson claims that pictures printed from it will retain their clarity and sharpness for up to 300 years if stored in a covered photo album.
It is the printer of choice for aspiring and established photographers.
But even the best of photographers also have to be knowledgeable about the mundane stuff like changing the ink cartridges because, at one time or the other, it is a task that needs to be done. The ink in the printer will not last forever.
Epson 312 Ink Cartridges comes in two variants. The standard yield and the high yield. The high yield cartridges have a lower cost per page and print more pages per cartridge than their standard yield counterparts. The Epson’s Expression Photo XP-8500 also has the advantage of having individual ink cartridges for the 6 colors it uses, so you only need to replace the color that runs out.
Installing the Epson 312 Ink Cartridges is pretty straightforward. You will need to follow prompts on the printer screen. What makes it even easier is there is a video that can be displayed on the printer screen after you indicate that you want to change a cartridge that shows the process of installing a new cartridge.
Changing the cartridge involves following the steps below;
- Check the ink levels of the cartridges on the printer display screen
- Select yes and click on replace now to initiate the replacement process
- Then lift the entire top scanner unit to access the cartridge slots. Wait for some few moments for the carriage to center
- The depleted cartridge is removed by gently pulling on it till it pops out.
- Dispose of the depleted cartridge in an environmentally friendly manner.
- Remove the new cartridge from its packaging. Remove the yellow protective covering from the communication contacts of the cartridge taking care not to smudge or touch the contact as this might affect the performance of the cartridge.
- Align the new cartridge with the slot opening ensuring the “K” on the cartridge aligns with the “K” in the machine.
- Gently press the cartridge in till it clicks into place
- Close up the top scanner cover and click on “Completed” on the printer display