The HP ENVY Photo 6255 is one of the recent photo printers recently released by HP into the consumer market. It is part of a growing list of affordable all-in-one printers that cater to the unique printing needs for the home user. It is designed for the user who does not need to print thousands of pictures within the month. It is quite good at printing text and graphic images of high quality with a speed of 12ppm and 8 ppm respectively. The ability to wirelessly print high-quality photos from mobile devices has increased its popularity.
The HP ENVY Photo 6255 uses black and tri-color HP 64 ink cartridge. The HP 64 ink cartridge comes in two sizes. The standard yield and the high yield cartridges. The standard black ink cartridge has a page yield of 200 pages while the high yield black cartridge has a page yield of 600 pages. The tri-color HP 64 standard yield cartridge has a page yield of 165 pages while the high yield option has a page yield of 415 pages.
Installing the cartridge in this printer is simple and straightforward. You will need to follow the steps below:
- Lift the ink cartridge access door. The carriage with the cartridges will come to halt centred in the middle of the printer.
- Removed the empty cartridges by gently holding and pressing the cartridge until it detaches from the carriage. Ensure you dispose of the cartridge in an environmentally responsible way.
- Remove the plastic tape from the new cartridge ensuring that you do not touch the copper contacts (this might damage the cartridge).
- Insert the cartridge in the slot, by holding it at an angle and gently pushing into the slot until it snaps into place.
- Close the ink cartridge access door
Following these simple steps, the printer is ready to start using the new cartridge.