The Canon PGI-280XL and CLI-281XL Ink Cartridges are designed to work with the Canon “TS” and “TR” PIXMA series printers. The Canon PIXMA TS6120 is one of the printers in this series. This printer series offers scan, print and fax functionality. It also offers the capability to print wirelessly and connect to devices using Bluetooth
The Canon PGI-280XL and CLI-281XL cartridges are pigment based inks that create sharp black and white images and crisp color photographs for home and small business users. The printers in this series that use the cartridges require 5 to 6 cartridges depending on the printer; black, magenta, cyan, photo black, photo blue and yellow.
One of the key advantages of this printer series is you only need to change the cartridge that is depleted. The cartridges come in standard yield, high yield, and extra high yield. If you print a lot, it is more economical in the long term to use the high yield or the extra high yield cartridges.
Changing the depleted cartridge is quick and easy. The steps to change a cartridge are:
- With the printer turned on, lift the top scanner unit and wait for the carriage holding the cartridges to center.
- Then carefully pull out the cartridges to be replaced from the printer
- A message appears on the LCD on the printer informing that you can change the cartridge
- Dispose of the old cartridge in a responsible and environmentally friendly way
- Remove the orange seal on the new cartridge by gently pulling it up to expose the vent hole
- Remove the protective orange clip from the bottom of the new cartridge to allow it fit into the printer.
- Align the cartridge with the printer, ensure the “BK” on the cartridge aligns with the “BK” of the machine and gently push the new cartridge into the printer.
Bring down the front scanner cover and you are ready to start printing.