Finding your way around a new printer can take some getting used to but it does not have to give you a headache. This post is to make your life easier as you learn to use your new Officejet printer. Installing or replacing ink cartridges in your HP Officejet 8710 Printer is an easy task and should not take long to do.
Here are the steps you should follow:
- Make sure you purchased the right ink cartridge. Once your HP 952 Ink starter cartridges are gone you will have to replace them with one of these two:
- Black Standard HP 952 Ink yields 1000 pages
- Black HP 952 XL Ink High Yield yields 2000 pages
- Color Standard HP 592 Ink yields 700 pages – includes cyan, magenta and yellow
- Color HP 952 XL Ink High Yield yields 1600 pages – includes cyan, magenta and yellow
- All four colors should be installed for the best results.
- Check the printer display to see which ink cartridges need to be replaced. A notification will pop up there when ink is low or out completely. Be aware some HP printers will not function if one ink cartridge is completely out.
- You can also click on the settings button (picture of a wheel or gear). Then click on “Cartridge Information”. From there click on “Estimated Cartridge Level” and it will show you the ink levels of all four colors.
- From the left side, open the front door of the printer. Wait for the ink carriage to center.
- Then press the ink cartridge needing to be replaced. It should pop out of its place for you to slide it out and discard.
- Open new ink cartridge. Slide new one into place, press gently and it should be in. Make sure you have the new cartridge facing the correct way.
- Close the cover.
- The printer display screen will confirm a new ink cartridge was installed.
Ta-da! Your task is complete.