If you have a iphone 3GS or later, and you also have a “airprint” supported printer you can print directly with the iphone, isn’t that sounds interesting? All you have to do is get the iphone connect to the same wireless network as the printer, and follow these steps:
1. On your iPhone, open up the document, email attachment, or webpage that you would like to print.
2. Find the icon with a right arrow partially inside a box. Click on that for more options to show up, one of which is “Print.”
3. Click “Print” to select the printer, number of pages to print, and number of copies to print, among other settings.
4. Hit “Print” to submit your request and collect a hard copy of your document!
Here is the MS Outlook Method
1. Select Rules & Alerts from the Tools menu.
2. Copy the “Clear categories on mail.” When Outlook asks what Folder you want to copy this rule to, choose Inbox or select your specific email account. Click OK.
3. Double click “Copy of Clear Categories on mail” to edit it.
4. Check “With specific words in the subject” and uncheck “From people or distribution list” in the Rules Wizard.
5. Click on the blue “Specific Words” and add “Print Me” or “To Printer” or any other phrase to the rules subject line search list.
6. In the next window check “Print it”. Click next.
7. Specify a name for this rule.
8. Check “Turn on this rule” and click finish.
9. Send yourself or forward an email from your iPhone with the phrase you chose in the subject and it’ll print automatically when Outlook checks for mail. If it doesn’t check often enough, go to “Options”, tab “Mail Setup”, button “Send/Receive” and change the default check period.
Please note: confirm that you are on the same wireless network as “airprint” supported printer. Apple maintains a list of Apple airprint supported printers at http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/assistant/airprint/. You will also need an iPhone 3GS or later.
Now can you print from an iphone, there are also some other methods you can print from an iphone, such as through the applications and Automatic Print Email Software Method, if you know it please don’t be shy to share with us.